Sue Cook is passionate about improving the human experience. She is the owner and operator of Family TLC – Family Therapy and Life Coaching Group. Family TLC consists of registered psychotherapists, registered social workers, family therapists and coaches who help children, teenagers, couples and families through the transitions and lessons of life utilizing principles of compassion, respect and courage.
Sue started working in this profession in the early 1980’s and has had the opportunity and privilege of assisting thousands of people. She has run her own private practice since 2000 and in 2012 expanded inviting others to join her business. She has experience in the public sector working in education, non-profit and government agencies.
Sue focuses in marriage, separation and divorce, parenting, play therapy and Aboriginal counselling. Sue has completed additional training in each of these areas.
Sue shares her separation and divorce skills, knowledge and abilities through her teaching of other mental health professionals, lawyers and financial specialist.
Sue is a parent herself, her child and youth training and experience makes her an expert in parenting, in all the challenges a parent may face. Sue offers play therapy to children and teenagers for different concerns such as bullying, grief, behaviour and learning difficulties, and family changes.
Sue’s education and experience in First Nations has prepared her well to help Aboriginal people with the challenges they face such as post traumatic stress, identity, impact of residential school, abuse and addictions.
- Masters in Education Counselling
- Bachelor of First Nations Studies
- Diploma in Child and Youth Care
- Registered Social Worker
- Certified Canadian Counsellor
- Play Therapy
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Level I, Atlanta, 2005
- Collaborative Level II, Toronto 2005
- Family Divorce Mediation, Northwestern University, 2005
- Past President of Collaborative Practice Simcoe County, 2005 to 2011
- Present Collaborative Practice Simcoe County Board Member
- Ontario Collaborative Law Federation Past Board Director
- BNI Business Matters Chapter Past President
- Member of WON – Women’s Owners Network
- Member of The Divorce Team and presented at the IACP in Chicago, San Antonio, Vancouver, Washington DC,
- Taught Collaborative Level 1 and 2, Advance Skills training in Oshawa, North York, and Barrie