Family TLC is currently looking for an MSW Therapist and RP Psychotherapist to join our busy practice. We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Barrie, with access to gorgeous waterfront and convenient bus routes.
Family TLC has a, positive and impactful reputation within the community and we are looking for someone to work with us to build their caseload and provide Family TLC clients with the care and support they deserve.
At Family TLC you will work as an independent contractor with the added bonus of having the support of a team of counsel. That’s not all, when working at Family TLC you will complete 1 tear training certification constructed by Family TLC. This training program is well prepared for private practice to mitigate risk to ensure ethical practice and to assess and manage client risk, ensuring long term success.
The Ideal Family TLC Team Member
We are looking for people of sincerity, who are open and conscious in how they interact with their clients and colleagues. We admire those who can be confident and determined, but also self-aware and capable of demonstrating humility. We encourage our team members to be honest with themselves about their strengths and weaknesses, and trust their colleagues to help them when they need it. Candidates ought to be passionate about professional growth and view learning as a lifelong activity. We want people who care about their work, who are creative, open-minded, and yet capable of critical thinking. If you think these qualities align with your attributes and values, then there may be a place for you here at Family TLC.
- Candidate or Full Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers OR College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario
- Provide counselling services to adult individuals and couples
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Ability to work some weekday evenings
- Commitment to ethics and has strong interpersonal skills
- Is able to inspire trust in the Family TLC method
- Is introspective and self-aware
- Is able to provide a calming influence during stressful times
- Has good ethical practice
- Is familiar with computers and willing to learn CRM program
Preferred (considered an asset):
- Work experience with Couples / family therapy will be considered an asset, but is not required.
- Preference for clinicians who are ‘theoretically integrative’ and/or are willing to broaden their therapeutic skills through peer supervision, consultation, and additional training.