Serving Barrie, Midland, Orillia, Collingwood, Newmarket, Bradford and Simcoe County
Family TLC offers a variety of approaches, including many contemporary ideas and practices, and we are oriented towards finding solutions. We are comfortable and experienced in working with diverse cultures, ethnics, sexual orientations and family configurations. Our team of therapists and life coaches have over 25 years experience each in the counselling, psychotherapy, coaching field and we have established a strong and positive identity in Simcoe County and beyond.
Geographically: people have come from as far North as Bracebridge and South as Toronto as far West as Midland, Wasaga Beach, and Collingwood and East as Peterborough.
Family TLC’s Philosophy
1. The person is seen as greater than their problem. People are not sick they are a person going through a problem.
2. People can grow, heal and change.
3. Each client has a doctor within and the therapist’s job is to assist that doctor to get to work.
4. The therapist must maintain their own state of well-being so they are able to assist the client.
5. Counselling is only effective if the client feels comfortable and confident with the counsellor or coach.
6. Collaboratively developed treatment plans ensure clear individualized counselling goals and time lines.
Types of Therapy:
Each specialist has a diverse training background and is fully qualified to provide an eclectic approach that best suits your needs. Here are some of the therapeutic techniques you can receive from a therapist at Family TLC. Contact Family TLC for a free consultation to learn more about these techniques and discover which will work for you.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Alderian Psychology
- Mindful Based Meditation
- Family Systems Therapy
- Satir Transformational Systemic
- Relationship Enhancement Therapy
- Reality Therapy
- Person Centered Approach
- Parent Work
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Narrative Therapy
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Gestalt Therapy